Call for Papers
– Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication
is sponsored by
The purpose of WINSYS 2015, the International Conference on Wireless Information Networks and Systems, is to bring together researchers, engineers and practitioners interested on information systems and applications in the context of wireless networks and mobile technologies.
Information systems and information technology are pervasive in the whole communications field, which is quite vast, encompassing a large number of research topics and applications: from practical issues to the more abstract theoretical aspects of communication; from low level protocols to high-level networking and applications; from wireless networking technologies to mobile information systems; many other topics are included in the scope of WINSYS.
Each of these topic areas is expanded below but the sub-topics list is not exhaustive. Papers may address one or more of the listed sub-topics, although authors should not feel limited by them. Unlisted but related sub-topics are also acceptable, provided they fit in one of the following main topic areas:
1. SENSOR, MESH AND AD HOC COMMUNICATIONS AND NETWORKS
2. WIRELESS AND MOBILE TECHNOLOGIES
3. MOBILE SOFTWARE AND SERVICES
AREA 1: SENSOR, MESH AND AD HOC COMMUNICATIONS AND NETWORKS
- Home area networks
- Vehicular Networks
- Ad Hoc Networks of Autonomous Intelligent Systems
- Delay-Tolerant Networking
- Pervasive Education Systems
- Hybrid Wireless Communication Systems
- Autonomic Networking
- Body-based Wireless Networks
- Coverage, Connectivity and Deployment Issues
- e-Health Networking
- Emergency Wireless Communications
- Hardware and Software Platforms, Middleware
- Local Dependent Networks
- Localization and Positioning Schemes
- MAC Issues in WSN
- Measurements and Experimental Research
- Mobile Ad Hoc Networks and Multi-Hop Wireless
- Modeling, Algorithms, and Performance Evaluation
- Novel Sensing Applications
- Radio Issues in Wireless Sensor Networks
- Ultra-Wideband and Short-Range Networks
- Urban Sensing
- Wireless Real-Time Communications
AREA 2: WIRELESS AND MOBILE TECHNOLOGIES
- Performance Analysis of Wireless Networks
- Spread-spectrum and CDMA Systems
- Detection, Decoding and Diversity Techniques
- Channel Coding, Modulation and Multi-user Detection
- MIMO Systems and Techniques
- Wired to Wireless transition issues
- RFID Systems
- Spectrum Policies and Open Spectrum
- Energy Efficiency and Power Control
- OFDM and Multi-Carrier Systems
- Information Ubiquity
- Cognitive Radio and Software Defined Radio
- Cross-layer Design and Physical Layer based Network Issues
- Directional and Smart Antennas for Sensor Networks
- Radio Issues in Wireless Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks
- Wireless Network Co-Existence
- Wireless Multiple Access Techniques
- Wireless Communication Middleware
- Wireless Positioning Technologies
- Wireless Multimedia
- Enabling Technologies
- Antennas and Propagation, Channel Modelling and Estimation
- Cooperative Mobile Systems
- Fault-Tolerance and Traffic Reliability Issues
- Green Wireless Systems
- High Altitude Platforms and Satellites
- Network Measurement, Validation and Verification Schemes
- Reconfigurable Wireless Networks
- Routing Protocols, Qos, Scheduling and Congestion Control
- Survivability, Network Management and Fault Tolerance in Mobile Environments
- WiMAX, LTE, WMANs, and New Emerging Broadband Wireless Networks
- Wireless Networks for Underwater and UAVs Communications
- QoE management in Wireless Multimedia Networks
- Social networking communication services
AREA 3: MOBILE SOFTWARE AND SERVICES
- Web Services
- Radio Resource Management
- Wireless Application Areas
- Information Security Policy for Wireless Networks
- Wireless Information Policy, Risk Assessment and Management
- Intelligent Living Environments: Architecture, Protocols and Applications
- Network Traffic Analysis Schemes
- Geographic Information and Location-based Applications and Services
- Ubiquitous Wireless Services and Protocols
- Convergence and Social Mobility
- Localization Techniques
- Charging, Pricing, and Business Schemes
- Peer-to-Peer Computing and Networking
- Multimedia and QoS over Wireless Networks
ICETE KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
ICETE 2015 will have several invited keynote speakers, who are internationally recognized experts in their areas. Their names are not yet confirmed.
Authors should submit a paper in English, carefully checked for correct grammar and spelling, addressing one or several of the conference areas or topics.
Each paper should clearly indicate the nature of its technical/scientific contribution, and the problems, domains or environments to which it is applicable.
To facilitate the double-blind paper evaluation method, authors are kindly requested to produce and provide the paper WITHOUT any reference to any of the authors,
including the authors’ personal details, the acknowledgments section of the paper and any other reference that may disclose the authors’ identity.
Only original papers should be submitted. Authors are advised to read INSTICC's ethical
norms regarding plagiarism and self-plagiarism thoroughly before
submitting and must make sure that their submissions do not substantially overlap work which has been published elsewhere or simultaneously submitted to a
journal or another conference with proceedings. Papers that contain any form of plagiarism will be rejected without reviews.
Authors can submit their work in the form of a Regular Paper, representing completed and validated research, or as a Position Paper, portraying a short
report of work in progress or an arguable opinion about an issue discussing ideas, facts, situations, methods, procedures or results of scientific research
focused on one of the conference topic areas. All papers must be submitted through the online submission
platform PRIMORIS and should follow the instructions and
templates that can be found under Guidelines and Templates.
After the paper submission has been successfully completed, authors will receive an automatic confirmation e-mail.
All accepted papers will be published in the conference
proceedings, under an ISBN reference, on paper and on CD-ROM support.
SCITEPRESS is a member of CrossRef (http://www.crossref.org/) and every paper is given a DOI (Digital Object Identifier).
All papers presented at the conference venue will be available at the SCITEPRESS Digital Library.
The proceedings will be submitted for indexation by Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index (ISI), INSPEC, DBLP, EI (Elsevier Index) and Scopus.